Sunday, February 20, 2011

Saying Goodbye

I'm now back in Georgia. I'm as surprised as most of you. It was not planned but because of some health issues, this is what I needed to do. It was so difficult to tell my family and the farm workers goodbye, eventhough I hope to see them soon.

I left on Friday so on Thursday night, I got together with the farm workers and my family. I had a little party with the farm workers and told all of them that I would be going home for a bit.

They were very surprised and 2 of them ran off and bought me a gift.

The hardest part was the goodbye to the girls in my family.

I was a bit teary eyed. I tried not to be too serious and have a good night. Family time lasted an extra hour as we said our goodbyes. I went around and told all the girls what "gifts" each of them gave to me in our time together. I have to say that I learned so much from them and that night it helped me to realize all those gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment